Making my way through life as a first time mum in Walthamstow

Monday 12 December 2011

Tis the season........

5+ months preggo in the festive season
It's mid December and the Christmas festivities are in full swing. My desk at work is decked out in tinsel and the Christmas tunes have been on the lab radio for a good couple of weeks. This time of year is always particularly manic, and 2011 is no different for me, with 6 Xmas meals and a wedding lined up over the space of 14 days! Unusually for me though, this year I will be completely sober for the entire party season. With the two biggest work parties coming up this week, I've become a bit despondent at the thought of another evening as the sober one in the corner getting fed up while everyone else staggers around blind drunk laughing at their own jokes that are only comprehensible to other pissed-up people. So to cheer myself up I've tried to think of some of the good points about being pregnant and sober at the office Christmas party..

  • No expensive taxi ride home - you can just drive home whenever you want to leave
  • Soft drinks are cheaper! I'm spending so much money at the moment on all these meals out, so it's good to keep the bar bill down
  • You won't be the source of any office gossip for your embarrassing drunken behaviour
  • No hangovers!
Happy Christmas to all the mums and bumps out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment